What We Do
“What we do to prevent and control diabetes…”
We work with partners in the following settings:
- We work with health care systems to increase the adoption and use of clinical systems and care practices to improve health outcomes for people with prediabetes and diabetes.
- We encourage appropriate screening for diabetes and referral to diabetes prevention programs and diabetes self-management education and support.
- We encourage the reporting and monitoring of national quality measures for diabetes
- We promote Diabetes Prevention Programs (DPP) by supporting the website diabetesfreenc.com
- We work with local health departments, pharmacies and other organizations to provide ADA- recognized diabetes self-management education and support.
- We assist health care systems in referring to DPPs and increase enrollment through promoting DPP at grocery store pharmacies and the registration portal.
- We increase enrollment of DPPs through Eat Smart, Move More Prevent Diabetes and the DPP Advisory Committee and support training of lifestyle coaches.
- We support community diabetes coalitions to implement interventions through the Diabetes Continuum of Care.
- We encourage worksites to offer coverage of the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
We support the efforts of the North Carolina Diabetes Advisory Council (DAC) in the implementation of the North Carolina Guide to Diabetes Prevention and Management. The purpose of the DAC is to develop and promote sound policies and strategies for the detection, control and prevention of diabetes. The DAC also assists agencies and organizations in becoming more effectively engaged in efforts to reduce the burden of diabetes in North Carolina. For more information contact info@DiabetesNC.com. Visit DiabetesNC.com for more information about diabetes in North Carolina.